Avocado Chocolate Cake
- 1-1/2 Cups of Unbleached Flour
- 3/4 Cup of Cocoa
- 1 Tsp. of Baking Powder
- 3/4 Tsp. of Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp. of Salt
- 1 Avocado, peeled, seeded and pureed
- 1 Cup of Pure Maple Syrup
- 3/4 Cup of Skim Milk
- 1/3 Cup of Avocado or Safflower Oil
- 2 Tsp. of Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. Grease a cake pan or bundt pan.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Gently fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Place batter in prepared pan in upper third of preheated oven. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes until a wooden toothpick comes out clean when inserted into cake.
- Allow to cool in pan. Remove from pan and drizzle with glaze.
Chocolate Maple Glaze:
Place 2 oz. of semi-sweet chocolate and 4 Tbs. of pure maple syrup in a small heavy bottomed pan. Whisk over low heat until chocolate is melted. Drizzle over cool avocado chocolate cake.
Blue Heron Promotions Inc. © 2017. All rights reserved.