Roasted Chipotle Prawns with Avocado
- 4 Tbs. of Olive Oil
- 2 Tbs. of Vermouth or White Wine
- 2 Tbs. of Lime Juice
- 2 Tsp. of Pureed Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, crushed
- Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1-1/2 Pounds of Large Shrimp (26-30 Count), preferably wild, peeled and deveined
- 1 Large Avocado, peeled, seed removed, and diced
- 1/4 Cup of Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- 2 Tbs. of lime juice (added after baking)
- Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees.
- Combine olive oil, vermouth, lime juice, garlic, and pureed Chipotle Peppers in 9 X 13" Baking Dish. Whisk to Blend. Season with sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Place in upper third of preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes until oil is hot and fragrant. Remove from oven.
- Rinse shrimp well under cold, running water. Pat dry with paper towels. Add the shrimp to the hot oil and toss using tongs until coated. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven. Toss to turn. Return to oven and bake for 5 minutes longer. Remove from oven and add the peeled, diced avocado, chopped fresh cilantro, and 2 Tbs. of lime juice. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve warm, as an appetizer, with fresh, crusty bread to dip in the flavourful oil, or as a main course served over couscous or brown rice.
Blue Heron Promotions Inc. © 2017. All rights reserved.