Avocado Lime Pie
Follow the directions and ingredients for the crust from the Avocado Chocolate Tart.
A removable bottom spring form pan can be used instead of the removable bottom fluted tart shells so that the layered filling will be exposed.
- 1 8-ounce Package Cream Cheese (room temperature)
- 1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 Large Avocados (peeled, seeded, and cubed)
- 2 Tsp. Grated Lime Rind
- Juice of 4-5 Limes (according to taste)
- Place avocado and cream cheese in bowl of food processor fitted with metal blade.
- Process, stopping to scrape down sides of work bowl, until smooth and creamy.
- Add sweetened condensed milk, grated lime rind, and lime juice tasting to adjust flavour. Add extra lime juice if you prefer a tangier flavour.
- Continue processing until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Place mixture in cooled, prepared crust smoothing top with spatula. Cover with saran wrap and place in fridge for at least one hour before adding glaze.
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Tsp. Powdered Sugar (sifted to remove lumps)
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Grated Lime Rind for Garnish
- Place all above ingredients (except grated lime rind) in small bowl. Whisk well to combine ingredients.
- Gently spoon onto chilled pie filling, smoothing top with spatula. Cover with saran wrap and place in fridge for at least two hours before serving.
- Garnish with grated lime rind. Slice with a thin bladed knife that has been heated by running under hot water and dried to prevent filling from sticking to knife while slicing.
Blue Heron Promotions Inc. © 2017. All rights reserved.