Chipotle Chicken Taco
- 6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 Tbs. of Pureed Chipotle Peppers in Adobe Sauce
- 1 Tbs. of Crushed Garlic
- 2 Tbs. of Olive Oil
- 2 Tbs. of Fresh Lime Juice
- Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper
- Place all marinade ingredients in pyrex or ceramic dish. Rinse chicken well under cold running water. Pat dry on paper towels. Trim excess fat and sinew from chicken. Place chicken in marinade. Allow to marinate at room temperature for one hour or cover and refrigerate and allow to marinate for four to six hours.
- Heat barbecue grill to high or heat cast iron grill pan to high heat. Remove chicken from marinade. Place on hot grill or grill pan and cook over high heat until cooked through approximately four minutes per side. Reduce heat if browning too quickly. Remove chicken from heat. Cool slightly and slice. Serve with guacamole, salsa, black beans, coleslaw, and avocado chipotle crema.
- Heat flour tortillas on grill and serve with chicken and taco fillings.
* Prawns, pork tenderloin, or flank steak can be marinated and grilled as above and substituted for chicken in the tacos. Adjust cooking times accordingly.
Avocado Chipotle Crema
Place the following ingredients in a food processor fitted with a metal blade:
- 8 Tbs. of Goats Yogurt
- 2 Tbs. of Goats Cheese
- 1/4 Tsp. of pureed Chipotle Peppers in Adobe Sauce
- 2 Tbs. of Lime Juice
- 1/2 Avocado Peeled and Diced
Process until creamy. Serve as an accompaniment to Chipotle Chicken Tacos.
All of the following taco fillings use similar ingredients.
Chop the following ingredients and distribute between the taco fillings:
- 1 Cup of Diced Red Onion (soaked in cold water for 20 minutes, drained in sieve and patted dry)
- 4 Tbs. Seeded and Diced Red Fresno or Green Jalapeno Chile
- 4 Tbs. of Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- Finely dice 1 large avocado. Dice, do not mash, since you want to keep the texture of the avocado. Add 1/4 cup of diced red onion, 1 tbs. diced red fresno or green jalapeno chile with seeds removed, 1 tbs. lime juice (or more to taste), 1 tbs. of chopped cilantro.
- Mix gently to combine ingredients taking care to not crush the avocado. Season to taste with sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
* Variation: Add 1/2 cup of diced yellow or red grape tomatoes drained in sieve and patted dry to remove extra seeds and juice.
- Chop 1 cup of red and yellow grape tomatoes (use only red if yellow not available). Drain tomatoes in sieve to remove excess juice and seeds. Add 1/4 cup of diced red onion, 1 tbs. of diced red fresno or green jalapeno chile with seeds removed, 1 tbs. of lime juice (or more to taste), 1 tbs. of chopped cilantro.
- Stir lightly to combine. Season to taste with sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Place heavy bottomed medium sized pan over medium heat. Rinse one can (19 oz.) of black beans in strainer under cold running water (to remove "gas"). Add to pan.
- Add I cup of chicken broth, 2 tbs. of diced red onion, 1 tbs. of diced chile, 1 tbs. of lime juice, and 1 tbs. of chopped cilantro. Simmer over medium low heat stirring occasionally until liquid has evaporated approximately ten minutes. Season to taste with sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Place 2 cups of tri colour coleslaw mix and I cup of baby arugula in medium sized bowl. Add 1/4 cup of diced red onion, 1 tbs. of diced chile, 1 tbs. of chopped cilantro, 1 tbs. of fresh lime juice, 1 tbs. of olive oil.
- Toss lightly to combine. Season to taste with sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
Blue Heron Promotions Inc. © 2017. All rights reserved.